Born October 5th, 1979, in Cuggiono, Milan, Italy.
– January 2008: PhD in Psychology, Linguistics, and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Milano‑Bicocca, Italy. Final mark: ‘ottimo’ (best mark in a 5‑point scale). Supervisor: prof. Claudio Luzzatti. Thesis title: Nouns and verbs in the brain: Neuropsychological, psycholinguistic and neuroimaging evidence.
– September 2005 – June 2006: Visiting reserch fellow at the Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science, Macquarie University, Syndey, Australia. Supervisors: prof. Max Coltheart, prof. Lyndsey Nickels.
– April 2004 – September 2004: Internship in Clinical Neuropsycholgy, Rehabilitation unit, Casati Hospital, Passirana di Rho, Milan, Italy.
– October 2003 – March 2004: Internship in Experimental Psychology, Department of Psychology, University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan, Italy.
– September 2003: Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) in Experimental Psychology, University of Milano‑Bicocca, Italy. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude. Supervisor: prof. Claudio Luzzatti. Thesis title: Rappresentazione mentale di nomi e verbi: uno studio neuropsicologico su pazienti afasici (The mental representation of nouns and verbs: a neuropsychological study on aphasic patients)..
– July 1998: Diploma di Maturità (equivalent to A‑level), Liceo Scientifico Statale G. Galilei, Legnano, Italy. Final mark: 60/60.
– From July 2015: Associate Professor, Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), Trieste.
– January 2015 – June 2015: Teaching Fellow, Cognitive Neuroscience Sector, International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), Trieste.
– December 2010 – November 2014: Research Scientist, Department of Psychology, University of Milano‑Bicocca. Principal Investigator on a 4‑year grant funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (Towards a complete computational model of reading: the visual identification of complex words).
– January 2008 – November 2010: Post‑doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Psychology, University of Milano‑Bicocca.
– April 2008 – March 2009: ESRC‑funded Post‑doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway University of London.
– PRIN, awarded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University, and Research (Principal Investigator). Period of Funding: 2017‑2020. Value: 406,000 Eur.
– Starting Grant, awarded by European Research Council. Period of funding: 2016-2021. Value: 1,498,000 Eur.
– Short visit grant, promoted by NetWords, the European Network for Word Structure (European Science Foundation). Period of funding: a two-week visit to the University of Gent in 2012. Value: 1,170 Eur.
– FIRB – Futuro in Ricerca, granted by the Italian Ministry of Education, University, and Research (Principal Investigator). Period of Funding: 2010‑2013. Value: 472,600 Eur.
– British Academy Small Research Grant (Co-Investigator with Prof. Kathy Rastle). Period of funding: April 2009‑March 2010. Value: 5,375 GBP.
– ESRC Post‑doctoral Fellowship (Main Applicant). Period of funding: April 2008‑March 2009. Value: 76,552 GBP.
– Endeavour Europe Award, granted by the Department of Education, Science and Training (DEST), Australian Government, Australia (Main Applicant). Period of funding: January 2006‑May 2006. Value: 23,300 AUD.
Editorial activity for international journals
– Ad hoc reviewer for around 30 international scientific journals, including Cognition, PLoS ONE, Journal of Memory and Language, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, NeuroImage, Neuropsychologia, Cortex, and Cognitive Neuropsychology.
– Invited Editor, Frontiers in Language Sciences (in partnership with Simona Amenta).
Research project evaluation
– Reviewer, Ministry of Education, Singapore, Academic Research Funds
– Reviewer, European Commission, Marie Skłodowska-Curie, Individual Fellowships
– Reviewer, The Stroke Association, UK
– Reviewer, National Science Foundation, US
– Reviewer, Macquarie University Research Fellowship, Australia
– Reviewer, CUNY Collaborative Incentive Research Grant, City University of New York
– Reviewer, Research Foundation Flanders (FWO)
– Panelist, Partnership Programme, Joint Applied Research Projects, CNCS (Romanian National Research Council)
– Reviewer, Young Research Team Grant and Post-Doctoral Grant, CNCS (Romanian National Research Council)
– PhD committee for Ritwik Kulkarni, SISSA, Trieste, Italy, and for Joe Xu, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
– Master project committee for Laura Blazej, Tufts University, Boston, US, and for Ana Murteira, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
– Post-graduate level: Anais De Santis, Federica Degno, Alessandra Valentini, Elena Angela Morone. 6-month internship towards professional licensing.
– Graduate level: Giulia Mapelli, Federica Degno, Eleonora Guerra, Marianna Zarucchi (with Claudio Luzzatti), Alessandra Valentini (with Claudio Luzzatti), MSc in Clinical Psychology, Developmental Psychology and Neuropsychology, University of Milano Bicocca; Wei-Chun Che (with Claudio Luzzatti), European Master in Clinical Neurolinguistics, Erasmus Mundus Programme.
– Undergraduate level: Arianna Tarabelloni, Eleonora Guerra, BSc in Psychological Sciences and Technologies.
Student tutoring and administrative assistance
– 2009-2010, Student Tutor and Local Vice‑Coordinator at the University of Milano‑Bicocca. European Master in Clinical Linguistics. ERC‑funded Erasmus Mundus Consortium (University of Potsdam, Germany; University of Groningen, The Netherlands; University of Joensuu, Finland; Univeristy of Milano‑Bicocca, Italy).
– 2007-2008, Student Tutor at the University of Milano‑Bicocca. European Master in Clinical Linguistics.
– 2006-2007, Student Tutor at the University of Milano‑Bicocca. European Master in Clinical Linguistics.
– 2004-2008, Neuropsychologist, Rehabilitation Unit, Ospedale Casati in Passirana di Rho, G. Salvini Hospital.
Professional and Learned Societies
– Since 2015, Full Member of the European Society for Cognitive Psychology (ESCoP).
– Since 2015, Member of the Associazione Italiana di Psicologia (Italian Psychological Association), Experimental Psychology branch.
– Since 2013, Regular Member of The Academy of Aphasia, US.
– Since 2012, Fellow of The Psychonomic Society, US.
– Since 2005, Ordine degli Psicologi della Lombardia (Lombardy Professional Psychologist Board).